It’s possible to skip the most annoying part of buying life insurance – the medical exam.
Often, a life insurance purchase is put off simply because you don’t want the hassle of the process. Bypassing the medical exam means you opt out of:
- Height and weight measurements
- Blood and urine samples
- In-person interview
- Blood pressure readings
- Possible additional tests (i.e electrocardiogram)
If you have mild to moderate (at most) rheumatoid arthritis, there are life insurance carriers who will offer non med (no exam) life insurance to you. You can secure non med life insurance in five steps:
*For severe rheumatoid arthritis, there are other options.
The most important first step to take when purchasing life insurance is to partner up with an independent agent, specializing in rheumatoid arthritis.
By collaborating with an expert, you can expect:
- Comprehensive advice
- Access to multiple quotes from the top-rated life insurance carriers
- Streamlined process
- The best policy to fit to fit your needs at the most competitive price
An independent life insurance agent is not held captive to a particular carrier. This is crucial. Independent agents have access to the top-rated life insurance companies and have your best interest at heart.
Next, document your history with rheumatoid arthritis, and your overall health and lifestyle, in preparation for the application and interview. Your health and medical history will help assess which life insurance carrier will be best to work with.
Grab a pen and detail the following pertaining to rheumatoid arthritis:
- When were you diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis?
- How often do you experience flareups and how long do they last?
- Do yo have any deformities from rheumatoid arthritis?
- Do you have a disability as a result of rheumatoid arthritis?
- What parts of your body are affected by rheumatoid arthritis?
- Are you currently taking prescription medications for rheumatoid arthritis? If so, what kind, dosage, and frequency do you take them?
To be extra prepared, be knowledgeable on the following questions unrelated to rheumatoid arthritis:
- Have you used tobacco products in the last five years?
- Has an immediate family member passed away from cancer, stroke or heart disease before the age of 60?
- Are you currently taking prescription medication(s) unrelated to rheumatoid arthritis?
- Have you ever had a major surgery?
- Have you filed for bankruptcy?
- In the past five years, have you been convicted of two or more driving violations, DUI, or had your driver’s license suspended or revoked?
- Have you ever been convicted of a felony?
- Do you participate in skydiving, SCUBA, personal aviation, hang gliding, bungee jumping, mountain climbing or racing?
- What is your occupation?
- Do you have other health conditions not described above?
Life insurance applications are becoming simpler and more streamlined to submit. No exam applications are at the forefront of creating a quick, straightforward process.
Here’s what to expect:
- Contact us or fill out our instant quote to get started.
- We’ll get in touch to schedule your application phone call. Expect about 10-15 minutes of conversation. During the phone call we will:
- Understand your life insurance needs.
- Decide which carrier is the best fit for you to apply with.
- Schedule your non med phone interview.
- Expect about a 20 minute phone call.
- You will be asked about your health and lifestyle history.
- Your medical records may be ordered.
Signatures follow the application process to complete the life insurance policy. This is typically completed online. Depending on the carrier, you will receive an electronic or paper copy of your policy, after final signatures.
5. High Five!
Congratulations! You are now insured. The ones you care about most are financially protected, regardless of what life brings. Keep your policy in a secure location. We recommend also keeping an electronic copy.
Important – be sure to periodically check and update your policy if need be. Common reasons a policy would need updating include:
- Purchase a home
- Start a business
- Death of a spouse or child
- Change in employment
What Is The Turnaround Time For A Non Med Life Insurance Application?
But, it will be significantly faster than traditional, fully-underwritten life insurance.
It typically takes 4-6 weeks to get life insurance if you opt for a fully underwritten policy. If you choose a life insurance policy that does not require a medical exam, you can get life insurance in as little as 24 hours. – Jon Fritz, licensed life insurance agent, noexam.com
For non med life insurance with rheumatoid arthritis, it’s common for medical records to be ordered. This additional step will slow the process some. Medical records come from two primary locations:
- Attending Physician Statement (APS) – is a general statement from your physician (or rheumatologist) about your health. Keep in mind that HIPPA laws apply here and your medical details are safeguarded. We have found that a quick phone call to your doctor to ask them to quickly submit your APS helps tremendously.
- Medical Information Bureau (MIB) – will check past records to verify that your life insurance application is accurate. For example, the MIB keeps record of previous insurance applications, medical impairments, and dates of diagnoses and treatments. Keep in mind that not everyone has a MIB record (only if you have had previous insurance applications or medical histories).
In summary, your Attending Physician Statement is often the one hiccup that can delay the completion of your life insurance policy application. However, the process is still lightning fast compared to traditional underwriting.
Buy Non Med Life Insurance
We specialize in working with clients with rheumatoid arthritis find the highest quality protection at the best prices available. If you have RA and are seeking out non med life insurance, it’s crucial to collaborate with an agent with a deep understanding of RA. As an independent life insurance agency, we will cross-reference the top-rated life insurance companies to find the best rate for which you can be approved.
To get started, fill out our Instant Quote form
Call us at: 888-351-1879